Think about your place of employment for a minute. How much do you use paper on a daily basis, whether it’s for reports, contracts, receipts, memos, etc.? Chances are the amount of paper used is quite high. Now think about how much paper your company recycles once those documents have outlived their usefulness. Nowadays people are more informed about the negative effects of littering and wastefulness. It's actually trendy to be “green” - we have definitely made strides in the right direction in taking care of our planet. The amount of paper that we continue to regularly waste is colossal. From a business perspective, depending on your company, the financial implications are just as important.
Track and Trace Software For Your Shipments Will Grow Your Business
Consider a small private courier company that seems to be stuck in the dark ages with its cumbersome paper documentation stacked high in its offices and bursting from its filing cabinets. They are making more shipments and are finding it difficult to keep up with the rising demand for their services with the way they usually track and trace packages. This is a luxury problem to be certain. If they can’t find a way to organize themselves, they might not be able to keep up with business and lose money on each shipment.
This is where a comprehensive yet simple, cloud-based track and trace system will come in handy. With all the necessary documentation now accessible digitally, the courier company can use this shipment tracker to monitor all of their shipments and invoices, plan and change multiple routes, quickly enter data and respond to customer inquiries, create reports for business intelligence and much more. With all these capabilities in one powerful tool, there is hardly any need for paper documentation.
The True Costs of Managing Paper
Below are some insightful statistics that demonstrate exactly how economical a shipment tracker can be:
[su_list icon="icon: chevron-right" icon_color="#f16928"]
- The average document gets copied 19 times – 7.5% of all documents get lost, and 3% of the remainder get misfiled.
- Professionals spend 5% to 15% of their time reading information and in contrast, up to 50% looking for it.
- Recent studies provide an eye-opening perspective on the true cost of a paper-based filing system. A Price Waterhouse Coopers study found that the average worker spends approximately 40% of his/her time managing non-essential paper documents.
- International Data Corporation (IDC) estimates that employees spend 20% of their day looking for hard copy documents and don’t find what they’re looking for 50% of the time.
The average business loses 1 out of 20 office documents and spends:
- $20 on labor to file each document
- $120 searching for every misfiled document
- $250 recreating each lost document
- $25,000 to fill a four-drawer file cabinet
- $2,000 annually to maintain each file cabinet
The of savings on time and money, the environmental benefits, and not to mention the ability to seamlessly integrate shipment tracker into your existing systems should be enough to convince any company to switch over to the track and trace ShipTrack App.